Research Associate / Research Assistant (w / m / d)
At the University of Bremen, the Department of Production Technology in the field of "Measurement, Automation and Quality Science (BIMAQ)" is offering - subject to job approval - the position of one Research Associate / Research Assistant (w / m / d) (Salary group E13 TV-L, full time) limited to 3 years in the research area
Machine analysis of thermographic images for the detection
of flow separations on wind energy rotor blades
The fixed-term employment aims academic qualification (PhD position) according to § 2 Abs. 1 WissZeitVG (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz). Therefore, only applicants who still have qualifying periods in accordance with § 2 Abs. 1 German WissZeitVG can be considered.
A thermographic visualization for measuring the geometric dimensions of different flow areas on the surface of rotor blades on wind turbines is the subject of current research. Due to different heat transfer coefficients, laminar and turbulent rotor flows can be detected in the infrared range. By means of thermography, the measuring process is fast, imaging, non-contact and quasi non-reactive. The goal of the research project funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) is to make it possible to measure flow separations (stall) in field measurements on real wind turbines, for which novel image analysis techniques based on machine learning approaches are to be developed and applied.
- design and implementation of modern signal and image analysis methods for the detection of flow separation on operating wind turbines
- measurement uncertainty analysis and evaluation / measurability limits
- verification and validation of their image analysis by wind tunnel experiments and field measurements
- publication of results in international journals and participation in international symposia
- above-average university degree (university diploma / master) in the subjects of mathematics, electrical engineering, computer science, production engineering or mechanical engineering, mechatronics, systems engineering, physics, industrial engineering or related courses of study
- high level of commitment and team spirit
- self-responsible and goal-oriented way of working
- very good knowledge of German and English spoken and written
- programming skills such as with Matlab or Python for image analysis and visualization are advantageous
- excellent equipment and own design options
- state-of-the-art, demanding and flexible research
- ideal conditions for further scientific qualification
- possibility to create high-quality publications
- cooperation with renowned national and international partners
- scientific exchange at international meetings and conferences
- an interdisciplinary, dynamic and family-friendly team
The University of Bremen aims to increase the proportion of women in science and therefore urges women to apply. Handicapped persons are preferred with equal professional and personal suitability. Applications from people with a migrant background are welcome.
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents, which you must send by 30.08.2019 to the following address stating the code number A204 / 19:
BIMAQ - Bremen Institute for Measurement, Automation and Quality Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. A. Fischer, Linzer Str. 13 28357 Bremen
or in electronic form as a single pdf-file (including the letter, max 10 MB) to:
Please only submit copies and not folders in your application documents, as we cannot return them.