Research Associate / Research Assistant (w / m / d)
At the University of Bremen, the Department of Production Technology in the field of "Measurement, Automation and Quality Science (BIMAQ)" is offering - subject to job approval - the position of one Research Associate / Research Assistant (w / m / d) (Salary group E13 TV-L, full time) limited to 3 years in the research area
Adaptive laser-optical high-speed illumination systems
for minimizing the spatiotemporal uncertainty in speckle measurements
The fixed-term employment aims academic qualification (PhD position) according to § 2 Abs. 1 WissZeitVG (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz). Therefore, only applicants who still have qualifying periods in accordance with § 2 Abs. 1 German WissZeitVG can be considered.
Thematic description: One currently pursued research question is how to achieve a measurement resolution under the speckle noise limit and a spatial resolution close to the diffraction limit in laser-optical strain field measurements and roughness measurements using speckles. For this purpose, the illumination should be modulated in terms of phase distribution, intensity distribution and wavelength and a recorded series of images needs to be evaluated appropriately. In order to minimize the spatiotemporal uncertainty of the measurement and the measuring system application for the analysis of dynamic manufacturing processes, optimal fast illumination modulations and efficient image evaluations are to be realized.
- realization of a high-speed modulation of the illumination (phase, intensity, wavelength) by means of SLM and / or a DMD in the kHz range
- scattered light measurement using synchronized high-speed camera
- optical modelling of the modulated light signals and their light scattering on optically rough surfaces
- uncertainty considerations
- validation experiments on speckle strain field and speckle roughness measurements
- publication of results in international journals and participation in international symposia
- above-average university degree (master / diploma) in the subjects of physics, electrical engineering, mechatronics, systems engineering or related degree programs
- high level of commitment and team spirit
- self-responsible and goal-oriented way of working
- very good knowledge of German and English spoken and written
Also desirable are:
- Knowledge in the field of optics, signal and image processing or feature extraction, DMDs, laser light sources
- programming skills with Matlab, Python or optical simulation tools
- excellent equipment and own design options
- state-of-the-art, demanding and flexible research
- ideal conditions for further scientific qualification
- possibility to create high-quality publications
- cooperation with renowned national and international partners
- scientific exchange at international meetings and conferences
- an interdisciplinary, dynamic and family-friendly team
The University of Bremen aims to increase the proportion of women in science and therefore urges women to apply. Handicapped persons are preferred with equal professional and personal suitability. Applications from people with a migrant background are welcome.
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents, which you must send by 30.08.2019 to the following address stating the code number A206 / 19:
BIMAQ - Bremen Institute for Measurement, Automation and Quality Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. A. Fischer, Linzer Str. 13 28357 Bremen
Please only submit copies and not folders in your application documents, as we cannot return them.